Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Windy Day

See, I’m making up for my silence with two posts back-to-back!


We woke yesterday morning to a fairly blustery day. When Byron and I got back to the office and checked the anemometer readings from the lab we saw that the winds were a sustained 95km/h, gusting to 110km/h!! I took a few videos that afternoon as it started to die down, but I was still blown back against the railing. It’s hard to judge how fast the wind it blowing in the darkness, but trust me…it’s blowing.





The good part about the high wind? Temperature goes up. It is currently a balmy -4°C. That’s the warmest I’ve ever experienced in Alert. It actually feels warm out.

See you all soon,

Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't comment anonymously...select Comment as: name/URL below to enter a Nickname (leave URL blank).

Thanks, Graham