Wow, I REALLY haven’t updated this blog in a long time. It’s not that anything isn’t going on up here, it’s more that the routine had settled into a very comfortable rhythm and I was just riding the wave :)
That has all changed this weekend since Christmas is [obviously] just around the corner. While personally that means I’m almost out of here, for the people that will be up here for the holidays it’s important to keep the Christmas Cheer high! Therefore, I give you the Alert Christmas Parade!!
There was an open call for any houses, professions or just individuals that wanted to enter a float in the parade down the linkway. Byron and I were wooed by several competing factions, but eventually we settled on a GAW Lab/Traffic Techs float…mainly because they had the same creative mind frame as us (Lazy). We strapped a pallet to a cart, threw some tinsel on, and then played instruments and sang all the way down the linkway. We had three songs, and the timing was perfect. We started out strong with Jingle Bells, played a smooth rendition of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and then finished with a stunning performance of Santa Clause Is Coming to Town.
I can’t believe how quickly this tour is progressing. I’m now into the single digits of days left before my plane gets in. As much as I want to go home, I really do love it up here. As next week spools out and I start doing things for the last time I might start to feel a little sad.
I’ll try to get one last post in before I go home. Hope the pre-Christmas Season is treating everyone well. I’m whistling Christmas carols under my breath every waking minute!
Graham
Monday, December 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Was expecting a bit more hair when you returned. You may be sad to leave but your family will be thrilled to see you return in one piece!! Counting the days xox
ReplyDeleteYour 'tour'... you are a geologist not a soldier. I know its a fine line...
ReplyDelete